Re: [alfa] Alfetta Turbina Wheels - Availability and Prices?

I appreciate the immediate and varied responses received, so far. Thanks! The
level of knowledge from this forum is astounding.

I think I should clarify a little about the suspension 'upgrades' I have in
mind for the Alfetta GT - I want to keep the car in more or less factory form.
That is, I want to add things to it, but make them reversable should the next
caretaker of this vintage machine desire to have it "bone stock."

With that in mind, I did have the engine rebuilt to higher HP, but have the
necessary bits to return it to factory specs sitting on my parts shelf. I even
have a replacement non-polished valve cover ...

On the suspension, I have everything OEM right now (even shocks) except the
front castor bushings (Thanks AlfaBill!). This set up works fine for the street
with the stock engine. I haven't finished breaking in the new engine, so I
don't know what effect the higher HP will have on the ride.

I have early GTV6 torsion bars (thanks Ben!) waiting for installation and I
have been watching the occasional discussions (here and on the AlfaRacing
digest) about vented discs and other brake upgrades for the Alfetta. I even am
watching the talk about exhaust for the Alfetta/GTV6/Milano, especially the part
that goes over the rear suspension that cooks the brakes.

The common thing about what I have done/plan to do on this car is that the
changes are all bolt in replacements of a small order. That is altered, in my
opinion, when we start talking about whole suspension swaps (installing the GTV6
front, for instance). That's when I start to lose sight of what the car is
and is not.

So, I want to keep the Alfetta an Alfetta and make it all it can be while
retaining the bulk of its originality. Swapping out too much makes it a GTV6
wanna be and neither an Alfetta nor a GTV6.

Call me wierd, but I like my Alfetta GT with a four in it.

Keep the discussion going, however. What shocks work well on an Alfetta with
early GTV6 torsion bars in the front? The car will see spirited road use and
only occasional (driving school) track time. And, I like my fillings.

Tom
Seattle
6310123
7711615