[alfa] Possible e-bay bargain + need a part or two + free Alfetta

Long time, no post! But I couldn't help but think of all youse 164 owners when
I saw eBay item # 2432844217. The seller doesn't know what it is.

Although it's been a while since I last saw one, I'm thinking it might be a
164 power seat motor positioner. (For those un-initiated to this part, it
prevents the jamming of the forward/backward motor assembly by preventing the
seat from 'landing' at its limits.) This part was installed as part on a
recall and is located more-or-less inside the frame member in front of the
seat rails under the drivers seat (if memory serves.) They cut a slot in the
carpet and slipped it into the hollow frame member.

-----

Also, I'm in search of a couple parts for my 76 Spider which may be lying
around in one of your bins or garages:

- Spica pump oil passage block-off plate

- A good brake master cylinder

- Pre-1975 bumpers (flame me if you must, but I just don't like the rubber...I
want chrome!)

- good performance springs and shocks (I'm planning on upgrading and can buy
new, but good used parts are less expensive)

-----

Lastly, there's this old, titleless, non-running, 40% exterior bondo, 1977
Alfetta GT which has been sitting in my back yard for over a year now.

Originally I planned on making it go. Then I planned on parting it. Finally, I
simply planned on borrowing the wheels for my Spider while I had those wheels
blasted and painted. (Although they're 4-bolt, I'll told they do NOT fit
Spiders or any other 105, 101, or other four-bolt Alfa. They will, however,
fit on Fiats.)

Now I'm willing to give it to the first person foolish...er...willing to drag
it away. I'm located in Marietta, GA (about 10 miles NW of Atlanta.) Please
contact me directly via e-mail. I'm preparing a generic statement regarding
the car and will not answer specific question regarding the condition of any
particular part or system (such as "how do the rear CV joint boots look?"
[there are SPIDERs under this car!] or "does the 2L in that car fit into
<insert 105-series or earlier car here>?" [not easily! there's no pilot hole
in the crank shaft!])

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA

Alfas present: 1976 Spider (96K original miles!), 1977 Alfetta GT, 40%
remaining of a 1993 164 L
Alfas past: 1988 Milano Verde (the beast), 1987 Milano Platino, 1982 GTV6,
1983 GTV6, 1979 Spider Veloce (my long-lost baby)