[alfa] re: Rev limiter for Milano 3.0

I wouldn't be too worried about a rev limiter, per se, but what exactly has been replaced? If it's the whole EFI computer, I don't think you want to run 3.0 on a 2.5 ECU. If someone just replaced that resistor in the ECU, then don't worry about it, and just don't over-rev the engine.

-Joe

At 2:08 PM +0000 9/17/03, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:29:31 -0700
From: "Michael Pordes" <mdpordes@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Rev limiter for Milano 3.0

Dear Digesters,

I am wondering about something and hope someone would help with advice.
I purchased a pretty nice Milano Verde with 68K last June from a small
shop owner in Scotts Valley, near Santa Cruz. He was up front with me
about the car and it's flaws, and disclosed to me that the rev limiter
on the car had been replaced with a 2.5 liter rev limiter, which will
allow the car to reach higher RPM's.  He told me he had the original 3.0
liter rev limiter in a box at another location and would send it to me,
without a problem.  I have called this individual 5 times over the last
3 months and he keeps giving me lame excuses. (This is bad form from
another Alfisti.)

My question is -  is this worth pursuing? I could drive 190 mile round
trip to this guys place and possibly pick it up, buy a used one at APE,
or just forget the whole thing.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Pordes