[alfa] lug nuts

Aren't lug nuts so named because originally the rims were held onto the hubs with lugs secured by fasteners? I know from my days building mobile homes that the rims of those were secured to the hubs by cast metal lugs secured by bolts driven into the cast iron hubs. The rims were just that: dropped center rims with no disc in the center. The lugs engaged on the drop center portion of the rim. Truck rims use a similar system on the split rim designs. Cheers

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner