[alfa] Talk about Torque

Technically, torque is expressed in lbs/ft as in lbs of force exerted at one foot radius. Ft lbs is work which is how much distance a given force is exerted.

I'm no engineer but it is still an important difference and drives me crazy when car nuts talk about ft lbs of torque. Torque does not move so cannot be work, it is merely force exerted at a the end of a foot long lever.

Cheers

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner