RE: [alfa] Quarts, pints, litres etc

The real question, though, or my real question, is how many kilograms of oil are there in a litre (at, say, 18 degrees centigrade)?

All of my original Alfa Romeo parts books and owner's manuals quote oil capacity in Kg.  This probably makes for an accurate unit of oil no matter what the temperature, and so is useful for engineering purposes, but less useful when buying oil.

Regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ