Re: [alfa] RE: 164 problems of Richard

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:32:46 -0400 Bruce - Bruce's Parts Bin <bruces@domain.elided> wrote:
> so right now, the car is sitting at the local post office. i drove up,
> shut
> it off (it was up to operating temperature on what passes for a warm day
> here in september, about 70 or so degrees.) when i came back out, it
> didn't
> want to start. it'd burble briefly (fuel + spark) and die. after it
> cooled
> for about an hour, it'd start and idle badly for 10 seconds or so, then
> die. hitting the throttle would just make it die quicker.

> so what could it be? fuel filter? temp sender? something else?

> Sounds like a AFM problem to me. Try to borrow another and check.

revisiting the car this morning after it sat all night and cooled off
(hoping it'd start and i could limp the 3 miles home), i got the following:

won't start at all. cranks, doesn't fire.

next step is to call AAA and get it home where i can start working on it,
and see if i have fuel and spark.

richard