Re: [alfa] Re: 164 fuel leaks and fire hazard & Maintenance

Where are you located? Winter salt country?
Bernie Bennett

Jeff Matson wrote:

Just another note and bit of data to suggest that those with older 164s check your fuel system carefully from tank to engine. I know it's sheer coincidence that this happened simultaneous to the Digest discussions, but my '91 164 developed a fuel leak under the car this weekend (I've had the fuel rail ones before, too). Turns out one of the hard fuel lines had rusted through at a bend where it comes down from between the gas tank and body. Fortunately there's nothing hot in the area, as this was really dripping a lot of gas. The moral is that it's not always just the rubber lines that need checking as the car ages.

Jeff Matson
'91 164 L
'74 GTV 2000