[alfa] 164 fuel leaks are a fire hazard

Last time I checked, gasoline is very flammable. It needs to be sealed in the fuel system. Leaking fuel or vapours are a fire and explosion hazard. This is not acceptable at any level of risk. PERIOD.

My fuel lines seeped. These were factory lines with factory clamps. The factory clamps are inadequate (stupid in fact as they cannot be tightened effectively, one shot and they work or don't, usually don't). I replaced them with double clamps of the North American worm drive type. Very secure. I still have the original hoses on my car, 12 years and counting. It's the clamps, the manufacturing, and the design. All substandard.

How much fire risk are you willing to put up with? My personal standard is zero.

Cheers

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner