RE: [alfa] Get over it!- 2nd gear synchro

Joe:
From a post last year:
" Subject: Shifting gears up or down the Di Matteo way.

Double clutching is a waste of time and effort! To learn my way is not
at all difficult. Practice for 20 minutes and you will have it down pat.

I will not give you any technical numbers to remember.

To upshft without crunching Push the clutch ALL the way down to the
floor. The extra fraction of a second allows the gears to fully stop.

To down shift fast from any gear Do Not take your foot off of the
throttle, maintain the engine speed you are using in that gear, then
deprtess the clutch all the way and shift! You may want to down sdhift
from 5th to 4th to 3rd to2ndin rapid succession , you'll find the engine
rpms at perfect speed each time.

That works perfectly in every Alfa I have owned, in fact I
learnd that method in my very first Giulietta in '58

regards, Fred"

I thought he was nuts when I read this and then I tried it. My 2nd gear
crunch is quite pronounced, I get no crunch whatsoever using this
technique.

John Paradiso
92 Spider Veloce
"Seenchros? We don need no steenkin seenchros"