[alfa] Oil Separator

How do you clean the oil separator on the Spider?
Regards

Simon

I cleaned mine with some kind of spray carb cleaner or brake cleaner.. find a place you don't mind getting dirty, and or lay down a lot of newspaper, and start spraying in all available holes.. I would blast in from all angles for a bit, then swirl and slosh the stuff inside and pour it out. Covering the holes with your fingers and shaking the hell out of it is good tecnique as well.. You will get loads of oil, dirt, crap, etc coming out, just keep going till it
gets clean..

Do this outside, and preferably upwind.. I think I used 3/4 of a can of brake cleaner and mine wasn't all that bad.. you don't want to gas yourself..

You probably want to clean the long thin hose that goes to the dipstick nipple, and probably will be very glad that what you see coming out didn't go back into the engine sump!

I've never thought about this 15yrs ago when I last had Alfas, and never have read any maintenence schedule for it, but from the looks of how they get, it's probably something you'ld want to do every year or less.

Hope it helps..

Jon