East Syracuse, NY

71 Spider
71 GTV

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 12:04 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:14:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jason Rhodes <soupyfrood@domain.elided>
Subject: How do I get the pulley off of an alternator?

I'm replacing the alternator on my '80 Spider.  I've
got a slight snag: I'm not sure how to get the pulley
off of the old alternator.  The shaft obviously spins
quite freely, and I'm loathe to clamp a pair of
vice-grips on the pulley to lock it down whilst
loosening the nut on the shaft.

Can anyone tell me the easy way to achieve this feat?

Thanks!

Jason Rhodes