Re: 164 alternatives (why)

I, for one, can fully appreciate the need for an Alfa alternative.  One of the best qualities I think a daily driver/commutemobile can possess is a level of driving enjoyment that is pleasing, but not inspiring.

Cars that inspire you (as Alfa's tend to do) usually end up getting tweaked.  You get out of an Alfa, and you think something along the lines of, "Man, that was a blast.  I should get some stickier tires, though..."  I don't care how much you've done to your car, it seems that an Alfa is never done.

A good commuter shuttle, though, is something that you enjoy driving, but don't feel compelled to spend any more money on it than gas/oil changes/basic maintenance.

Alfas are definitely reliable enough to drive every day - but for the health of my wallet, they're just too damn inspirational.

- Paul Witek