From: Karl D <karld@domain.elided>
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
CC: dsedon@domain.elided
Subject: 164 Electric Gremlins
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:21:51 -0700 (PDT)

Doug wrote: ask anyone who has owned both varieties of 164 which is more reliable.
ask alfa-bill, too, while yure at it. the electrics on the '94 & later 164's
are a *lot* more of a pita...

===

Doug, I'm gonna politely challenge you on this. I've never had an electrical problem with my '95 164LS since I bought it new (except for the LCD and the radio amp). The timing belt design sucks, though. It's always had full scheduled maintanence from a very competent dealer and has always passed California Smog by a wide margin.

I'd be interested to know what are the electrical weak points? I know SubaruBill has mentioned that ECU's sometimes die, at great expense. What else am I lucky enough to not have experienced?

Karl