RE: turning radius

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:10:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
Subject: Re[2]: A suggested upgrade in my choice of cars...

> I've never owned a car with as huge a turning circle as the 164.

i sometimes wonder if it's a front drive thing, a limit on how far you can
twist a CV joint.

i know that big old Volvo 14x and 240s turn tighter than Rabbits and Golfs,
for one thing. _much_ tighter.

FWD is my suspicion as well. I can easily make a U-turn on my street in
either my 92 BMW 325 or my wife's 02 BMW 325 (both RWD). Her 97 Sentra could
not make it. I guess a good test would be to attempt the same maneuver in a
325 iX with AWD. This would have the same CV joint issue as a FWDer.

Greg