Bringing a 1991 164S into CA

I tried searching the digest archives and had no luck (or not enough
patience), so pardon me if this has been covered before.

I am looking at bringing a 164S into California from another state.  Am I
correct in thinking that there was no difference between CA and US emissions
for 164s?  Has anyone encountered problems with doing importing a 164 to
California?

Many thanks,
Steven Hooper
'78 Sprint Veloce