RE: Subject: Re: berlina 1750 dash in a 2.0?

Regarding 1750/2000 dashes, and wiring.

I think the dashes are interchangeable.  I don't think the internals of
the cars changed between 1971 and 1972.

It's a shame that the wiring is not interchangeable, i.e. that the dash
and console of the earlier cars won't plug into the wiring harness from
the later one.

JohnH suggested that you probably want to transfer the entire wiring
harness from the earlier car into the later car, so the dash and console
will plug into it.

That will surely work, and may be the best thing to do.  However I'll
offer one possible alternative that might be easier.

Assuming the earlier dash has most of the same gauges and sensors, you
might try moving the dash and console wiring from the later dash and
console into the earlier dash and console.  I.e., take the 2000 dash and
console wiring and try to make it work directly with the sensors and
gauges of the earlier dash.

The gauges should all light up the same, things like oil pressure, water
temp, etc should all work the same, so it *should* be a matter of
mapping the newer dash harness into the older dash.

If anything, the later dash might have a few extra idiot lights, so when
you're done you've got a couple of extra wires lying around, but I'd
think most of the gauges and sensors are pretty much the same, albeit in
different locations.

This could be worth a try, and if you could make it work it should be
easier than transferring the entire wiring harness.

HTH,

bs