RE : Exhaust Mod

> Is there a compelling reason not to remove the 'restrictor'
> from the front section and replace with straight pipe?

Nils,

by "restrictor" do you mean "resonator" ? it really doesn't do
much restricting.  how much volume and resonance do you
like inside your car from the exhaust ? i like my vehicles fast
and loud ( you should hear my motorcycle ), but for street
driving i put my resonator back on after only a couple thousand
miles.  the noise made long drives very taxing.   sounded great
in the twisties and at the autocross, though.

> I plan to keep the stock headers and install a new Ansa
> center muffler.

Ansa's sound pretty good, but keep in mind that they do rust
easily.  if it were my car, and i planned to keep it a long time,
i would go with a stainless system . . . oh wait, i did.   the
stainless route is more expensive, of course.

dion fields
los angeles
73 gtv