Convertible top replacement

Hi, everyone.  I'm currently in the market for my
first Alfa, and for comparison shopping purposes, how
much does it generally cost to get a soft top replaced
on a Spider?  The specific car in question is an 88
Quadrofoglio.  A lot of ads for Spiders list "new top"
so it must happen fairly often.  And, just out of
curiosity, what's the life expectancy of a soft top?

Thanks,

Chuck King

P.S.  Dave, I saw your post about your Spider and I'm
intrigued, but I just can't get out to Ypsilanti right
now.