jaguareplicas, with some Alfa content

George Graves, agreeing with Zak McGregor's opinion of the 4R, goes on to
write "If I'm not mistaken, Jaguar built some replicas of the pre-war (and
still stunningly beautiful) SS-100 in the 1960s too." I believe this is not
quite correct; such cars were built, as have been D-Jags, XK-SS and XK-120
Jags, using all-Jaguar donor-car components in newly fabricated frames, bodies
and monocoques, but I am fairly sure that Jaguar had nothing to do with their
construction or sales. Offhand the only manufacturer I can think of which has
made such an attempt to closely clone its past glory is Ford, with its current
gloss on the GT-40.

Alfa content, the ARI brochure on the Quattroruote-Zagato calls it "an
authentic replica of Alfa's celebrated Gran Sport Model of 1930." The title of
the David E.Davis article I cited earlier was "Alfa Romeo Gran Sport Replica:
Super Soul!" Both seem to me to be very loose use of the word "replica", (as
well as "authentic") but that happens to words -

John H.