Alfa emissions help

I am running a 1971 1750 with Webers and 10548 cams.  I am not passing my
State emissions test.  I am passing everywhere but high speed (2500 rpm)
CO.  I am running 132 mains with 34 venturis and f16 emulsion 200 air
correction and 55 f8 idle.  The shop checked my timing and said it was
ok.  The car runs great except for a slight stumble at transition,
16-1800 rpm.  What has the largest  effect on high speed CO?  I tried
main jets clear down to 110 with little effect.  I have always struggled
with emissions, but usually at idle.  My lowest reading on compression
check is 180, highest 187.  any ideas?  Thanks, Kevin