GIULIA SUPER WINDSHIELD WANTED

I need to find a good front glass, but don't really
want to pay the $$$ price at a certain domestic
vendor. Anybody know of a US or Canadian source? Any
good used
ones around?

One person suggested that I get a glue-in Berlina
windshield and have the perimeter ground down by 1/2
inch. I was actually offered a perfect Berlina
windshield (for free!), then spent about 2 weeks
unsuccessfully trying to find a safe and reasonable
way to have the thing securely packaged and shipped
across country. Every glass shop I called here in San
Diego (even the small, independently owned ones)
told me I was crazy, and that they would never take on
such a grinding job...even if I signed a liability
waver. So much for that route...

Has anybody ever received a windshield from European
vendors? I wonder if such a thing can be shipped
without damage?

Thanks,

-D-