Re: alfa-digest V9 #657 - GTV6 cooling solved (GTV6 cooling enigma follow up)

IAP was indeed interested in hearing about the fans being wired backwards. I
sent an email to their tech department regarding my experience so that they
would be aware of it, and could pass that information along to customers if
necessary. I received a prompt reply of thanks from the sales team manager who
forwarded it on to the warehouse manager and buyer so they would both be aware of
it as well. I would like to add that I have had good experiences with IAP,
and will happily continue to recommend them (and order from them).

The fans did come with shrouds, but don't line up nicely for the mounting
holes on the radiator like the stock ones. There were included metal brackets
(metal stock with drilled holes, could probably find something similar at a
hardware store) that get bolted to the mounting holes on the radiator and the holes
on the shroud. They did fit without having to modify them, but it seems a bit
cobbled together for $109 per fan. Plus, it added additional steps of
tightening the intermediate bolts in an area that is already a bit difficult to get
to (bottom radiator mounts). Just my two cents on the matter. A big thanks once
again to everyone who responded with suggestions. Part of the joy of owning
Alfa's is the community that comes with it.

-Josh
'84 GTV6 (still cool!)
'71 1750 Berlina (bad slave cylinder)
'72 2000 Berlina (full of moxy...and gremlins)