hot cams and hard starting?

I recently finished a complete rebuild of a V6 engine (2.5) in which I put
some C&B cams. The car runs great and idles fine.

However, there is a problem with hot starts. The car will take 3-4 attempts
to start when warm. Somewhere around the 4th attempt it will catch and run a
little rough for a couple of seconds and then all is well.

Fuel pressure is a = bar above what the manual states it should be, but the
system holds residual pressure. All grounds are clean, tight, present and
accounted for. The cold start circuit appears to be working as it should and
does not appear to be firing when it should not. The coolant temp sensor is
within spec.

Im wondering if the cams are not allowing the air flow meter to open far
enough during cranking which causing the problem? I reduced the spring
tension on the AFM a bit and it seemed to help some  how far can I go
before it gets too rich?

Does this sound like a reasonably hypothesis or have I been sniffing too
many fumes? Im all ears (eyes on the screen I guess) if anyone has any
other ideas.

TIA,

Jeff