Re: autodelta

I could see the next step in the Feds crack down being that they reposes
the 20 or so cars that were imported (and sold I assume).  After all
these cars are contraband and apparently not fit for our roads or air.

Glad I never had the cash for one.

Also, if kit cars are legal, and new Alfas are not, how many pieces would
I have to chop a 147 GTA into to turn it into a kitcar for importation
purposes?

-Peter in LA with California legal Alfas

>Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:06:06 -0700 >From: George Graves >Subject: Re:
alfa-digest V9 #636 > >I spoke with Giordano the elder about a year ago
on the phone. He told >me that they were incorporated and licensed by the
feds as an >automobile manufacturer. When I asked what the hold-up was on
selling

>cars here, ......

 And there

>is no way that anybody can do anything to get these stupid laws altered
>to allow American citizens to import a car personally, or get them
>revoked altogether. So much for freedom. > > >George Graves >'86 GTV-6
3.0S > >