Motorcycles, Alfas, Hitches and such

I'm in Sunnyvale, CA for a week or so, after completing a 5 day/3200mile
road trip on my 1999 Triumph Daytona 955i motorcycle.   Found lots of
interesting riding in CO, CA, and parts of NV...  the rest was rather
monotonous.   Other than steping in oil at 11,000', and passsing the
Nevada Highway Patrol at 125mph (no ticket!) everything went pretty well.
 I've got a more detailed trip report on my blog:
http://mark.denovich.org/  Man, is this country big!

If anyone knows of some Alfa related events coming soon in the bay area
let me know.  I'd like to drag my best friend along to have him to see
what I've been obessesing about.   I doubt I'll talk him into one, but
I've managed to do that in the past (Hi Sam, Ethan.)

On towing:  In the past I purchased a hitch from Draw-Tite for my Acura
Legend... a vehicle which is very similar to the 164 (2.7L V6, FWD, about
the same weight, shape and size.)   I had very good results using it to
tow my 19' catamaran, and using it with various U-Haul trailers to tow a
variety of items, including several motorcycles.    U-Haul has a specific
trailer for motorcycle towing that works very well.   Very easy to load,
and to secure the bike.

I checked Drawtite and they have no listing for Alfas.  Uhaul.com has some
make/model info, but does not list a specific hitch you can buy...  you'll
need to call them to see if you can get one.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org