new ignition module - skipping?

I have a '77 spider with Marelli Plex ignition. I put in a new ignition module (the control unit that mounts under the coil). When I went for test drive, the car missed a bit between 2700 and 2900 RPM under load. The more I drove the less it seemed to happen, until I don't think it was happening at all. Does that indicate the new module is bad? Any other ideas?

The car was not doing this before I put in the new module. I replaced it because the car would start to miss badly after I had been on the track for 10 minutes or so.