Re: Pulley removal

Robert,
       Popular opinion on the Digest is to remove the water pump studs by
double-nutting them.  Then you can get the pump off without screwing around with
the crank pulley.
       However, you might want to remove the pulley and replace the timing
chain cover seal if you have an oil leak.  If the pulley is frozen on the crank
nose, try some penetrating oil and a gear puller or wrapping on the backside
with a hammer.  Alternately, a propane torch can be used to heat the assembly
to break the  bond between the pulley anc crank.

Cheers,
Charlie