engine blowby?

One of the reasons why I had the engine of my 73 gtv
rebuilt was the excessive amount of blowby (and oil
consumption).  When I would remove the oil filler cap
with the engine running, there would be quite a bit of
exhaust coming out of the opening.  Now with the
freshly rebuilt engine (about 100 miles), there still
seems to be quite a bit of pressurized gases coming
out.  It doesn't smell like exhaust as badly as it did
before but there's still is quite a bit of it.  There
seems to be more pressure at idle than when I rev up
the engine.

I expected that there would be no (or very little)
pressure inside the engine block after a fresh
rebuild.  I though that I could take the oil filler
cap out and feel no gases coming out.  Is that normal?
I'm already having a hard time getting my freshly
rebuilt engine running properly (the mechanic blames
the SPICA pump for running too rich).

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Vangelis