Dash Cap

Hi all,

Has anyone out there installed a dash cap on their GTV? I just bought one
from IAP. It looks pretty good sitting on my living room couch. I'm hoping
someone can give me some pointers so that it'll look just as good on the
dash of my car.

My dash has a big split right down the middle which has pushed up a
noticeable ridge. Should I grind this down? Will surface irregularities show
through once the cap is in place? I've lacquered a piece of veneer and will
fit it on the face of the dash at the same time. Hopefully that will hide
the lower seam. Any advice and pointers are welcome.

Dave
74 GTV
LA CA