Lower A-arm torque specs

I found my workshop manual set dating back to my 105.48 1750 Berlina. Included in this set is a supplement to the Giulia manuals entitled "Technical Characteristics and Principal Inspection Specifications for 1750 Berlina, GTV and Spider Veloce". Inside the back cover, there is a publication number: 1321 - 2/1968

And the answer is - unfortunately very confusing. Two torque specifications are given; 5.6 to 5.9 Kgm. and 94 to 130 lb. ft . (These units are as printed in the manual)

I'm not sure I even understand what the quoted unit of Kgm. is. Kilogram meters is my guess.

Appriciate the effort, George!
Sounds like the same manual I got with the basket case 2L motor I bought.. only for 2000 cars, printed in 71... It dosen't have a second value. Maybe it dosen't have a first value either... Just "Bolt securing lower wishbone shaft to cross member, 5.5-5.9 Kgm", which sounds more to me like the bolts to the crossmember of the body. They aren't saying "Nut".. This also matches with the value in the 80's spider factory shop manual.

Eyeballing the rest of the torque values in an extensive table tells me that the two torque values are very different, and my guess is that the 94 to 130 lb.ft is a typo, because other specs with a similar Kgm. number are
more like 40 lb ft in the next column.

For what it's worth, I have (mistakenly, it seems) torqued these nuts to 90 ft pounds. I did strip one of them which had some grease on the threads, but the others took it without stripping.

Jon (or anyone else) , I can send you a scan of the page I'm referring to if you're interested. Contact me off-digest.

George Beston
Alfetta
Spider Jr

Well, I realize I committed another crime. There was some grease on the threads.. and that can mulitply your resulting torque by a factor of 2-3 or more.. all the suspension specs are listed as "dry" in the Tech Spec..
The 95-130 ft-lbs is listed as the SAE equvilant of 5.6-5.9 kgm?? Uh-oh, somebody blew it!! I'll bet that's where my Kenneth Ball Autobook got it from... somebody didn't catch that. (whipping out calculator) 1 kgm should be 7.218 ft-lbs, so 5.6-5.9 kgm is 40.4 to 42.6 ft-lbs.

Oh well.. live and learn.. and clean and dry your threads that are supposed to be.. and GET THE RIGHT SPEC if you have any question!! And listen to your hands...

Jon (still torqued off in Irvine, but didn't go beserk at the supermarket)
77 Spider