Subject: Re: 2.5L to 2.8L v-6 conversion

>Way back, the late Fred D. successfully converted his 2.5 to a 2.8. I
>believe his first attempt was unsuccessful due to improper machining of
>the block to accept the 3.0 liners. So it is not an easy thing to do if
>the machinist doesn't do the job properly.

On the bright side, clapped out old 2.5's seem to be a lot more plentiful
and a lot less expensive than good, running 3.0's! So, if you screw the
first one up, it's not like it's the end of the world.

The late, great, Fred D had his block machined by a fellow in New Mexico
named Jim Bridge. This was a while back, and Jim was an old timer, too, so
I don't know if he's still around or if he's still working. A think he
charged something like $500 for the machine work? Or maybe it was $400 and
the UPS was going to be $100. I don't really remember. ANyway, if you've
got a Bridgeport and a lot of spare time on your hands, it would be an
interesting rainy day project!

RON