[no subject]

Bill,

I have the same problem as your recent post to the digest deals
with, and I was wondering if you could offer me your advice.

I have a 73 Spider with pretty much all original suspension,
needless to say the bushings a very tired and there is a lot of
rear end slop. After replacing all of the tie rods on the front,
it seems fairly tight considering its age. I plan
To rebuild the front and back, starting with the back end since it
is so bad.

I was contemplating getting your PowerFlex trailing arm kit and
Trunnion to diff bushings for the rear end but was wondering if
you could advise me on how these would effect the system. Is it
ok to use these bushings with (new) stock springs and shocks? Or
would you advise stiffer springs?

If I do not use polyurethane in the front, will the system be
unbalanced towards the rear?

Overall I think the Stock suspension on the Spider is pretty good.
With the chassis being as flexible as it is, it seems like a
stiffer suspension would just mean more chassis flex (I am
definitely no expert though). Although it does seem that in the
bushing department the newer technology could be a vast
improvement.

I would really appreciate any insight you could offer.

Thanks,
Andrew Murphy
1973 Spider
Houston TX,