Alfa engine plans

The italiaspeed web site www.italiaspeed.com)
has a couple articles about Alfa's plans for engines in future cars (dated 24.06.2003)

Several versions of the GM/Fiat V6 "Electron" unit will be used,
plus a _new_ v10 from Ferrari. The engine from the Ferrari Enzo is
scheduled to make an appearance in a 2006 model to be called the
"TZ3 GTA Scuderia Ferrari", producing around 650hp.
The V6's range from 250--500 hp.

Also of note: the new spider GTA is scheduled to get the 4.2L Ferrari V8 (@425hp) and 4wd.
This strikes me as making it very similar to the Maser spider, and I don't
understand why they want to do that.

-david

'86 GTV6 San Jose, CA