O death, where is thy sting?

Tess,
       I have thought the place to mount a disconnect or battery kill switch
would be where the negative battery cable bolts to the sheet metal right
behind the battery.  However, that would require opening the trunk to disconnect
the battery.  No bid deal if you are going to park the car for a while.  A bit
inconvenient to use it as an anti theft device anytime you park.
       In this case, I was thinking of the racing type heavy switch.  I am
not sure what type you bought.  You could also mount a racing type kill switch
in the package shelf area behind the seat.  The positive cable passes through
there.  You would have to have the cable cut and a couple of terminal ends
installed.
       If you get the battery master kill switch with four outlets, the extra
two terminals can be used to disconnect the power to the electric fuel pump
directly under the rear package tray.  You do not want to put in a battery
disconnect unless you provide some way to kill the engine.  Otherwise the
alternator can continue to power the engine with the battery disconnected.  Then the
alternator can increase the voltage and ruin things electrical.
       On the question of why the new battery spun the engine so rapidly at
first and less so later, I have no idea.  I hope the new battery is not going
dead already.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City