Ferraris On 12th

For us Seattle folk, it was once again time for the annual Ferraris On 12th. This event is put on by Ferrari & Maserati Of Seattle. This year not one, but two streets were closed off for all of our lovely Italian steeds. I brought my new Berlina down (still covered with road grime from the long trip back home). Steve S brought his GTA down after taking a week off of work to get it drivable. Unfortunately he went to re-torque the head and one of the lugs broke loose, later on that day, he apparently ran out of gas on the way home (guess it just wasn't Steve's day today).

The weather was overcast in the morning but as the day progressed it got warmer and the sun came out.

There was a good showing of Alfas, Ferraris, Maseratis, Lambos, a Fiat, Mangustas, De Tomasos, and some non Italian iron (Camaro, Beemers, Mercedes, Viper, Aston-Martin, Mustang, etc...). One of the more unexpected cars was a newer (1998) Alfa Spider. I didn't get to speak to the owner but as Kit told me the guy can apparently get them in the States. There were also two nice Montreals, a gorgeous Super, a lovingly restored Sprint, many nice GTV6s and Milanos/Verdes, Spiders, GTVs and of course one feisty Berlina.

After everyone had enough time to mill about we all hopped into our cars and took off to go meet up again. Last year we went to a park on Mercer Island but this year it was the parking lot of a high end car audio place. I personally preferred the park last year. When we arrived there was a jazz band playing, the BBQ was hot and tons of ppl where shooting the shit. It was enjoyable.

Once again my thanks goes out to the Perrinas for continuing to host such a great event. It just seems to get bigger and better each year. I can't wait to see what next year is like.

Later,

Damian

magista@domain.elided
1750/2000 Berlina