RE:Giubos Swing Axles and Transverse leaf springs

I think Dunlop called their version of the Guibo joint a Rotoflex Coupling.

Well bash the Triumph Spitfire for its swing axle if you must, but
contemporary users included Mercedes Benz and Borgward on their rear ends so
it was considered a perfectly acceptable solution, though the Merc version was
quite a bit more clever. The Spit was based on the Herald Saloon which was
launched in 59 so we are talking fifties design here, and it was quite forward
looking at the time to have IRS at all when the solid axle on cart springs was
still king

Bash the transverse leaf spring on the Spit if you must, but again it was used
at the front on the Peugeot 403 with excellent results, and on the back of the
FIAT 128. There is nothing much wrong with a leaf spring as long as you don't
ask it to locate anything.

Not much Alfa content..but I am off to National Alfa Day on Sunday at the
British Motor Heritage Centre at Gaydon near Warwick. I am camping overnight
at Stratford on Avon, and if I see any Morris Minor Travellers (Shooting brake
with Wooden framed back) I shall point and shout loudly "Look here you
American Tourists...a Half Timbered Car! "

Tim Hancock   Bsoton UK

164TS
164Super