Re: Giubo spelling and pronunciation

John wrote:
>1900. 'GIUBO' = GIUnti Boschi = Boschi joints, and the pronunciation is
>(gee-yew-bow  or jew-bow)." That is the straight squeak from what is, as far
>as I know, the last surviving purebred Portello mouse."

Pretty much correct, I'd say.
the "GIU" sound kinda like "JEW", or the "JU" ,like in "JUNE" and "JULY".
The "BO" could be BOW, but try to don't say the "W". Cut it.

John, you free to phone me to hear it properly.....
I know I know, but I'm not willing to shout it at the computer
while recording my voice for then sending out the WAV file :-)

"When the chosen people
 grew more strong,
 the rightful cause at length
 became the wrong." (John Dryden, Absalon and Achitophel)

937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73