From: TJCallahan@domain.elided [mailto:TJCallahan@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 1:08 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided; alfaguy@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Replace SPICA Belt W/O Removing Crank Pulley

This was a timely post as I'm reinstalling the SPICA on the Alfetta engine
this week. Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the info.

I thought of two questions while I was lining up the SPICA this evening -

1. According to the manual(s), the SPICA belt installation can be "up to
half
a notch off" and still be considered in time. If the belt/pulley/mark is
almost exactly one-half a notch off, does it make a difference whether the
SPICA
pulley is rotated advanced or retarded to line up the notch?

-and-

2. Is there a 'TDC #1' on the SPICA pump the way there is on the engine? Is
it different from 'TDC #4' or do they occur at the same mark? That is, when
have the engine lined up properly and I want to align the SPICA pump, do I
just
line up the marks on the pulley and pump or do I need to be aware of which
revolution the pump is on?

TIA

Tom
Seattle