RE: trasmissione, giunti, etc.

John Hertzman wrote:
Anyhow, it is 'giubo', GIU as in Giulietta, with the 'bo' from Boschi, the engineer
who developed some patentable aspects of the ancient flexible coupling and
manufactured them in Italy with that company name. Undoubtedly, there will
always be 'guibo' as a vernacular alternate spelling - - irregardless.
___

I have a suspicion that the vernacular spelling accompanies a vernacular pronunciation:
guibo, pronounced 'gwee-bo', as opposed to giubo, pronounced something like 'joo-bo', following the pronunciation of Giulietta.  I'd be interested to know how others pronounce this.

regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ