RE: 105 front wheel bearings

Ed -

This is pretty easy, no special tools required.

You will need to unbolt the brake calipers to remove the rotor & hub ass'y.
Pull the cotter pin behind the dust cap, and remove the large nut. The hub
should pull right off.

Remove the outer bearing, pry the seal out and remove the inner bearing.
Clean everything up. Did I say that this would be a messy job?

Using a drift and a hammer, drive out the old inner races. There are some
recesses in the hub that allow this to be done. Use the old races to drive
the new ones in almost all the way. Finish with a (brass preferably) drift
to fully seat the races. (If you drive them home with the old race, the old
race may get stuck in the hub)

Pack the new bearings with your grease of choice, install them and the
seals, and reinstall everything on the car.

Adjust the bearings by tightening the nut until snug while turning the wheel
to seat the bearings, then back the nut off until there is some play felt
when the wheel is rocked at 12 and 6 o'clock. Tighten just until this play
goes away, then loosen just a LITTLE bit until the cotter pin will go
through. There should be the smallest amount of play in the hub/bearings
when you are done.

That's all there is to it.

HTH,

Jeff