Re: Torque tubes and torque tubes (and giunti, etc.)

>> Why giubos? The usual understanding is that it was an NVH issue, possibly
> compounded by Alfa's love of what worked in the past. There is nothing to
stop
> George, or anyone else, from fabricating a two-section driveshaft with
three
> conventional universals and a sliding joint for a GTV6, Milano, or other
> Alfetta-based car.

I've been in a few different Alfettas where the owners have tried various
methods of deleting the donuts.......all with very little success.  They
were all racecars but in at least two instances the cars vibrated so badly
that the owners went back to the guibo's.  Another owner machined
replacements out of nylon (or something similar) and cracked the cases on
four gearboxes.

All attempts were professionally done with special attention to balancing
and all had some form of allowance longitudinal movement.  All failed the
test ?

BUT, if someone comes up with a tenable solution, I'm all ears.

Beatle
Oz
'89 75TS