Re: alfa-digest V9 #572

Mr. Hertzman said:

"Biba's aspiration to do "a semi-recreation of the SSS on a Round-Tail"
seems unrealistic, to me: enjoy the dream, but please put down that
cutting torch. The easiest way would be to start from scratch, building
the frame in the original size, pattern and proportions around 2600
running gear..."

I'll take it a step further: I don't care what kind of body he puts on
it, just please do that chassis! OOooohhh what a lovely piece of work:
like someone let a TVR breed with a Milano, it is. Nice big rigid
welded-up spine with the driving parts running down it and the
suspenders fastened to the ends, plus enough perimeter stuff to complete
the structure for sure. You could do something like that, lay in either
a 2-liter TS or a V6 with either front- or rear-mounted gearbox, and
just pick up both front and rear suspension bits from a Milano or
similar. I've said this before and I'll say it again: if only, if only,
if ONLY the connection between the engine and the transaxle on the 116
cars had been a rigid one, what is merely a stunningly good car to drive
under most circumstances would have been just about the best ever under
any circumstances.

I'll take mine with a copy of the plain-jane 3-liter coupe body, please.
Contributions gratefully accepted.

Will