Re: A V-6 FI Poser

George:

Sounds like the fuel is running out of the fuel system (lines, pump . . .) Check the system integrity, could be a pinhole. Back in the '70's my '66 Chevy Byscane with a hot rod 283 had the symptoms you are describing. Mechanical Fuel pump's diaphram was bad and on the hill fuel would leak out. If the fuel pump got reprimed the car would run. That is it did until the pump totally failed.

Good Luck,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham TX

George Graves wrote:

Here's a real poser for you Bosch L-Jetronic/Alfa V-6 experts out there in Digestland.

When I park my GTV-6 on an incline (even a slight one) with the nose pointing up the incline for any period of time (a few minutes doesn't seem to have any effect, but a couple of hours will cause this) the car, seemingly, has NO fuel pressure. It will start and idle, but will only stumble without ever increasing engine speed if I open the throttle. Shutting the engine off, and restarting has so far cleared the problem. Otherwise the car runs great.?????!!!!!!! --