tie-rod removal tool

Mitch asked:  >>Also which style of tie rod remover is better, the lever
type (more expensive) or the straight screw type?<<

I've had good experience with the straight screw type, bought from IAP or
Centerline (made by USAG I think).  I've heard of screw-type ones breaking,
but mine hasn't.

I've had a 100-percent success rate with the crude, cheap "pickle-fork"
type, which works wonders on stuck ball joints and tie rod ends if you don't
mind damaging the rubber boot or if the joint is worn out and you won't
reuse it.

Andrew Watry