V6 tensioner

Bill, Dan, and anyone who has done one recenty....
I've heard several names bandied about as to who makes what and what is or
isn't reliable.  Some folks supposedly even have rebuild kits for the
hydraulic units.

Well, my belt tensioner has suddenly become a belt oiler and de-laminator,
though has not progressed to valve-bender, so I'm wondering if anyone has a
short-list of:

-dealers who offer tensioners or kits
-how the tensioners are difft from one another
-how to contact said dealers

Time changes everything.  One company's tensioner is praised one day and
cursed the next.  I just want to know who's current!

Thanks in advance!
Darren
'83 GTV6