V^ T-belt de-tensioners

I concur with AlfaBill's comments re the subject.

I've owned GTV-6s, Milanos and 164s for the past 20 years and have been using
the factory mechanical de-tensioner for 10(?). I always followed the factory
install instructions exactly, replaced it with every "other" T Belt change and
NEVER had one break. Got 60K plus miles out of every one before it was
replaced
and without a problem! Changed the water pumps using the same interval and I
NEVER had a problem with those either!

I'm baffled as well!

And about the old oil fed de-tensioner. I've been told they leaked oil, but I
rebuilt mine with every T-Belt change at 30K miles and again I NEVER had a
problem with them! As a matter of fact I prefer the oil fed over the
mechanical replacement. I'm getting ready to begin restoration of my '84 GTV-6
and I am planning on switching back to the oild fed de-tensioner IF I can get
the rebuild kits!
Just my experience.
Ciao
Roger