Aircar

I remember seeing an inventor's version of a pneumatic car about 10-15 years
ago.  It looked like a naked lawn tractor with a fat gas tank at the back.
The principle is sound, and being so small, it even could 'zoom' up to 60 mph
in something like 12 seconds.  Another concept employed was regenerative
braking, which I assumed was simply the reverse of acceleration, causing
re-compression of ambient air.
Not a high-performance machine, but wonderfully efficient.  If something like
this were available in motorcycle or maybe Vespa moped format (requisite
Italian transportation reference), I think it would be very very viable even
in the states.

Darren
'83 GTV6