re: 205s on a Spider

I think this is more personal preference than anything else.

My experience is with a Series 3 Spider and a 14" Veloce OEM wheel (isn't
that a 6"?), so with the different wheel diameter you may have a
different experience. I opted to purchase 205 50 x 14 when I bought my
Yokohama AVS Intermediates, thinking I would get a better stance. While
the wider tire has a bigger footprint, in my case I think that is offset
by the increased tendency to tramline and increased resistance to
wheel-turning. In hindsight, the 195 would better preserve the Spider's
inherent flexibility and nimbleness. (Plus, I don't track this car so I
don't think I need any extra patch.) As to turning ability, with a 15"
wheel, let's see, now the outside border of the wheel will be rotating
faster with respect to the engine, er, hm, I think I'd expect the
hard-to-turn effect to be diminished ....

Joe Cantrell will probably also chime in to say his 205s do Very Well at
The Track, Thank You. &:-)

Perhaps more personal preference and tire availability, then. I know not
all tires are always available in all widths and profiles.

Tess