Wet passenger floor 164

One day the passenger floor on my 1993 164L was soaking wet.  Everyone told me it was the heater core.  I bought a brand new one and had it installed.  A few weeks later, same thing.  I returned it to the mechanic who checked it but he could not find anything that would cause this.  the heater core worked fine.  What else could cause this?  There are no signs of any leaks anywhere inside the vehicle.